Safety is our common responsibility, including traffic safety. Various efforts were made to reduce accident rates and increase the safety for road user. One of the most vulnerable road users are children.
Children tend to imitate what they have seen and done by adults around them. Therefore, it is important for parents and adults to set a good example in driving and traffic rules.
As an efforts to increase awareness on traffic rules and emphasize its importance for road safety, Universitas Gadjah Mada in collaboration with Gachon University, Regional Police Office of DIY, Transportation Agency of DIY, KPAI, and the Indonesian Ministry of Transportation held a Dialogue and Child Traffic Safety Talk show “Stop Traffic Rules Violations, Prevent Accidents, Save the Children as Our Future Generation’.
The event was held on November 27, 2018 at MM UGM Auditorium which attended by delegates and officials, i.e.:
1. Director of Traffic from Regional Police of DIY
2. Head of STTD Bekasi
3. Vice Chair of DPRD DIY
4. Secretary of KPAI in Yogyakarta
5. Vice President of Samsung Indonesia
6. Head of DIY Transportation Agency
7. Head of Jasa Marga Service, Yogyakarta
8. School Principals, teachers, and members of school committees in DIY
9. Yogyakarta Korean Community Association
10. Head of Education Office in the 5 regencies/city in DIY
11. Head of Transportation Office in the 5 regencies/city in DIY
12. Traffic Unit (Satlantas) in the 5 regencies/city in DIY
13. UGM Students