Bachelor in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Program is one of the oldest study program at Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia, since its establishment in 1946. It is organized under Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (DTSL), Faculty of Engineering which located in Bulaksumur Campus UGM, Yogyakarta. In particular, the program education prepares reliable, ethical, and professional civil engineering experts in the areas of Structural, Hydro, Transportation, Geotechnical, and Environmental Engineering. The research aims to support education and science, infrastructure technology, especially at the level of planning, design, implementation, operation, and maintenance, also community service by involving all elements of the academic society and empowering the stakeholders. Within the program, graduates are expected to be ready to learn as leaders who have managerial capability and innovative in working as designer, manager, researcher, builder, operator or manager of civil engineering infrastructures.
Prior to ABET Accreditation, the program receives an “A” or “excellent” from the National Accreditation Board of Higher Education Institution in 1998, 2003, 2008, 2013 respectively and has been certified by ASEAN University Network Quality Assurance (AUN-QA) since 2011.
VISION AND MISSIONS
Becoming an institution of international higher education in the field of civil engineering and producing graduates who are reliable and moral, professional, competent, innovative to raise people’s welfare.
- Conducting education to prepare reliable, competent, and professional, eco-friendly civil engineering experts
- Conducting research that supports the education and scientific advancement, infrastructure technology, especially at the level of planning, design, implementation, operation, and
- Organizing community services by entirely involving the academic community elements through empowering the stakeholder’s participation.
- Enhancing the study program management as transparent, accountable, and able to encourage the academic community performance as well as to continuously cooperate with educational & research institutions, government, business, and the community, towards an international leading
Karlina, S.T., M.Eng., Ph.D.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Professional skills in planning, design, construction, scientific research, and management in the field of environmentally based civil engineering;
- Excellent performance in assessment and solving infrastructural problems based on engineering, economic, and environmental aspect, also profession ethical standards;
- Capability to implement the leadership principals, communication, and teamwork to improve careers in civil engineering field including structural engineering, hydro engineering, transportation engineering, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, and construction
The student outcomes for the Civil Engineering Program are listed below. They are also found at http://tsipil.ugm.ac.id.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in civil engineering fields
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process in order to be able to face the real constraints in economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary team
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems by considering local resources
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand on the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues in civil engineering
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools for civil engineering