The main activities of the laboratory are to serve education, research & development and public services as its main purposes. The Soil Mechanics Laboratory leads in the forefront of Geotechnical Engineering field which has an important role in design, construction, maintenance and forensic engineering.
The Soil Mechanic Laboratory has various facilities, consisting of laboratory test, in-situ test, numerical modelling and experts’ reports related to Geotechnical Engineering.
Soil Mechanics Laboratory has been conducted several researches program, such as:
- Utilization coal ash as recycling material options in view point of geo-environment.
- Karst Material characterization & construction of underground river barrage.
- Local genius and rehabilitation of Prambanan temple due to earthquake.
- Characterization and constitutive model development of unsaturated soils in geotechnical engineering analysis and design.
- Slope stability analysis using numerical simulations including dynamic analysis.
- Soil reinforcement uses conventional and modern methods.
- Stress-deformation analysis using numerical simulations.
- 3D landslide numerical simulation: case studies.
- Study and development of foundation system on soft soil.
- Liquifaction and sand boiling.
The analyses supported by apparatuses in the Soil Mechanics Laboratory are:
• Soil Index Properties Test
• Grain Size Analysis Test
• Atterberg Limit Test
• Compaction Test
• CBR Test
• Sedimentation Test
• Consolidation Test & Rowe
• Geonor Swelling Test
• Permeability Test
• Direct Shear Test
• Unconfined Compression Test
• Triaxial Test
• Cyclic Triaxial Test
• Development of Unsaturated Triaxial Test
• Development of Scale Model Test
The equipment for in-situ testing is:
• Drilling Machine
• Standard Penetration Test (SPT)
• Cone Penetration Test (CPT)
• In-situ CBR Test
• Vane Shear Test
• In-situ Density Test
• Geo-gauge In place Soil Stiffness Modulus Test
• Soil Vision
• Useful program for soil investigation report
D. FURTHER INFORMATION
Please kindly contact the Head of soil mechanics laboratory:
Dr.ès.sc.tech. Ahmad Rifa’i
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org